Thousands of moms, dads, siblings, and others arrive in College Station on Friday to kick off Texas A&M’s century-old Family Weekend tradition.
Here’s four fun ideas to help make your visit even more memorable:
1. Nationally Ranked Aggie Sports
Texas A&M sports teams are always fun to watch and worthy of support, and this weekend has plenty of opportunities:
- Baseball: Alabama plays Texas A&M in a Southeastern Conference series at Blue Bell Park. Game times are Friday at 6:30 p.m., Saturday at 2 p.m., and Sunday at 1 p.m. Tickets are only available on a first-come, first-served basis at the Blue Bell box office, starting two hours before the first pitch.
- Softball: Auburn plays Texas A&M in an SEC series at the Davis Diamond. Game times are Friday at 6 p.m., Saturday at 4 p.m., and Sunday at 11 a.m. Click here to check ticket availability.
- Track & Field: The Texas A&M Invitational features 14 top college teams at E.B. Cushing Stadium. The action starts at 2 p.m. on Friday and 3 p.m. on Saturday. Click here to check ticket availability.
- Soccer: The women’s soccer team plays host to No. 3-ranked TCU on Saturday at 7 p.m. at Ellis Field. Admission is free, and seating is granted on a first-come, first-served basis depending on availability.
2. World-Class Bull Riding
The Professional Bull Riders Tour brings the first Western Sports event to Reed Arena in more than a decade. The Aggieland Classic features 45 bull riders from six countries for two days of world-class bull riding. Friday’s first round starts at 7:45 p.m., and Saturday’s second round begins at 6:45 p.m. Tickets can be purchased at PBRTIX.com, ReedArena.com, or by
3. Free Family Photos
Do you need an updated family photo for your portrait wall? Then head over to Aggie Park, across from Kyle Field, for a complimentary family photo from noon- 5 p.m. on Friday and 8:30 a.m.-noon on Saturday.
4. Homegrown at Northgate
The inaugural Homegrown at Northgate, a farmers and artisan market, is part of Visit College Station’s effort to create and host more family-friendly events in our most renowned entertainment district. The event is set for Sunday from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. at the Patricia Street Promenade. Admission is free. The first 100 attendees receive a free tote bag from our friends at Aggieland Outfitters. While you’re there, we encourage you to enjoy a delicious meal or drink at one of Northgate’s outstanding restaurants.
We’d love to see how you spend your weekend in The Heart of Aggieland.
Tag us everywhere you go @VisitCSTX!
By Zach Tigert, Visit College Station Marketing Coordinator